Starpoint Gemini 2
Starpoint Gemini 2 is the second installment in the Starpoint Gemini series developed by Little Green Men Games and published by Iceberg Interactive. It was released on Steam on 26 September 2014 for PC. It was ported and made available on Xbox One on 12 November 2015. Starpoint Gemini 2 will take players on a breath taking journey, with dark secrets and unimaginable twists that will finally unveil the incredible truth. Captain your own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D in this tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Space has never looked so inviting - but images can betray.
Story[edit | edit source]
It has been two years since the end of the Second Gemini War, the situation in the wartorn system is further from resolution than ever. The army of freedom fighters known as the Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after losing their leaders, especially Paul Demetrius. Meanwhile, The Empire has used the re-opened Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini Sector - and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and mammoth motherships have crushed every trace of opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying the Starpoint with their staggering numbers. Rumours soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the Gateway, from what was supposed to be the heart of the Empire. What are they running from, that makes even the mighty Empire tremble?
Features[edit | edit source]
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system .
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a powerstruggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
DLC[edit | edit source]
Starpoint Gemini 2 has two paid and one free DLC:
- Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera - Released on 18 February 2015.
- Starpoint Gemini 2: Origins - Released on 10 June 2015.
- Starpoint Gemini 2: Titans - Released on 6 November 2015.